Amazon Kindle Cloud Reader is a web application that you use with your Amazon account to access and read eBooks purchased from Amazon. This allows you to read Amazon Kindle books without a Kindle device or the official Kindle mobile app. If you want to read a Kindle book on your laptop, tablet, or smartphone as quickly and easily as possible, open a web browser, navigate to the Kindle Cloud Reader main page, and sign in to your account.
The Benefits of Using Kindle Cloud Reader
In addition to providing a fast and convenient way to read Kindle books, it offers other benefits. Here are some benefits you can expect when you regularly use it as a reading tool:
Books are automatically added to your Kindle Cloud Reader web app each time you purchase a new one from Amazon (Kindle version only).
A clean, crisp, high-quality reading experience that looks and feels like reading a real book.
Offline mode for reading when you are on the go or in a place without an internet connection.
Sync your books and reading activity to your account, as well as the devices you access from.
Additional tools to personalize your reading experience, such as bookmarks, text highlighting, and notes for specific pages or sections.
Save space in your home by not having to store physical books.
The money saved from Kindle books is often cheaper than their hardcover or paperback counterparts.
Reducing paper consumption by switching to digital books over physical books.
How to set up Kindle Cloud Reader
Kindle Cloud Reader is used with your regular Amazon account. If you have an Amazon account, you don’t need to create a new one, unless you want to have a separate account exclusively for buying and reading Kindle books.
To create a new Amazon account, go to Amazon.com. If you are visiting from the desktop web, hover over the Accounts & Lists menu option in the upper right corner, then select Start here under the yellow sign-in button. Enter your information in the fields indicated to create your account.
If you are visiting from the mobile web on a smartphone or tablet, select the menu icon (indicated by three horizontal lines in the upper left corner), then select Account> Create account and enter your information.
Amazon sends you a text verification to complete the account setup.
How to access the Kindle Cloud Reader
To access the Kindle Cloud Reader, open your preferred web browser, go to read.amazon.com, and enter your Amazon account login information.
If you are having difficulty accessing it, you may need to update or change your web browser. According to Amazon, Kindle Cloud Reader works on all major web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
If you sign in with an Amazon account where you previously purchased Kindle books, those books will appear in your Reader library. If this is your first time to sign in to Kindle Cloud Reader, you may be asked if you want to enable offline reading, which is useful when you are not connected to the Internet.
The cover, title and author of each book appear in your library. The most recently opened workbooks are listed first.
How to Add Kindle Books to Kindle Cloud Reader
- Select the Kindle Store button in the upper right corner to see which books are popular or search for a specific title.
- When you buy your first book, make sure the Kindle Edition option is selected.
- Before making a purchase, find the Ship To option below the purchase button and use the drop-down menu to select Kindle Cloud Reader.
- You are now ready to purchase. Your new Kindle book should appear in the Reader app shortly after purchase.
If you are using Amazon PrimeAmazon Prime, you should also have access to Amazon Prime Reading, which allows you to read thousands of books for free.
How to read books with Kindle Cloud Reader
To read a Kindle book in your Reader library, select a title to open it. If you decide to stop reading and exit on a certain page, Kindle Cloud Reader automatically opens to the page where you stopped reading the next time you open the book.
As you read, the top and bottom menus disappear so that only the content of the book remains. However, you can move the cursor or touch the device near the top or bottom of the screen to make these menus reappear.
In the top menu you have a variety of options to further improve your reading experience:
- Go to menu (open book icon) – View the book cover or go to the index, top, specific page, or specific location.
- Show settings (icon A in uppercase and lowercase): Customize font size, margins, color theme, number of reading columns, and visibility of reading location.
- Bookmark on / off (bookmark icon): place a bookmark on any page.
- Show notes and bookmarks (notepad icon) – View all bookmarked pages, highlighted text, and added notes. You can highlight text or add a note by using the cursor to select the text. A highlight and note option appears.
- Synchronize (circular arrows icon): Synchronize your reading activity with your account so that when you access it on another device, everything is up to date for you.
The bottom menu shows your location in the book and a percentage value of what you read based on where you are. You can also drag your point along the location scale to easily scroll back and forth through a book.
To turn the pages, use the arrows that appear on each page or scroll as you would in any other browser. Use the trackpad on a laptop, the scroll wheel on a mouse, or the trackpad on a mobile device.
How to Delete Books from Kindle Cloud Reader
As you buy more books and your library grows, you may want to delete the books that you no longer want to keep. It can keep your Kindle Cloud Reader library organized and organized. You cannot delete books in Kindle Cloud Reader.
- To delete books, sign in to your Amazon account.
- Hover over Accounts & Lists and select Your Content & Devices from the drop-down menu.
- A list of books appears in your account. To delete a book, check the box next to the book and choose Delete.
- When you delete books that you don’t want, those books disappear from the Kindle Cloud Reader.