I will show you how to track AirPods which you might have misplaced by mistake or stolen, there is a step by step guide on how to track your AirPods. You must have the “Find My iPhone” application on any device you wish to track them from.
How to Track your AirPods with Find My iPhone
You must first activate the “Find my iPhone” application before you can track your Airpods. If you want to know how to set up Find My iPhone which is on every iOS devices just follow the guide on your iOS device.
Follow the Steps Below
- Open your “Find My iPhone” application. You can do it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch that you have associated with your AirPods.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Select your AirPods from the list of devices connected to your Find My iPhone application.
- You will find the list at the bottom of the screen on your iPhone.
- Scroll down until you see AirPods (or whatever name you gave them).
- A map with the last known location of your AirPods is displayed.
- A dot should appear next to your AirPods, the points provide information on the status of the device.
- A green dot means they are online.
- A grey dot means that your Airpods are switched off, out of battery, out of range or already in their case.
- A blue dot means that this is the device you are currently using.
Don’t worry if the dot on the map is grey. There is still a chance that you will find them, just follow the “How to Track Your AirPods”. Just go to the place on the map. They may come back online when you’re nearby with your iPhone or any Apple device. Once back online, you will receive a notification on the Apple device with which you use them. However, if your AirPods are in their case or completely empty, you will not be able to find them using the application.
Tap Action then Play sound if you are yet to find your AirPods. Your AirPods will beep for two minutes. This tone gradually becomes louder until you can find it or press the Stop button.
Note: you can use the Find My iPhone App on any devices if you don’t have access to your iOS device.