You should learn how to delete apps on iPhone X in order to free space as needed. You can delete apps from the Home screen, iPhone storage, or iTunes. If you’re new to iOS and wondering how to delete apps on the iPhone X, this post will guide you through it.
How to Remove Third-party Applications from your iPhone X
Some old apps may be needed to be removed to free up space on your iPhone storage. Follow these steps to uninstall/remove a third-party application on your iPhone X.
- Long press the app icon on the home screen until it vibrates.
- If you press too hard on an application, the Quick Actions menu of the application may open. In this case, just tap outside the quick actions list, then tap the app icon gently to exit the program and try again
- Tap the X in the upper left corner of the app you want to uninstall/remove.
- When prompted, press Delete to confirm.
- After uninstalling apps, tap Done.
- It also prevents the app icons from shaking and returning to its normal state.
How to Remove the Built-in Applications from your iPhone X
In iOS 10, the built-in apps can be deleted from the Home screen, but you can’t delete or delete them from the phone. However, that changed when Apple introduced the iOS 12 platform. With iOS 12 or higher, iPhone users can already uninstall certain built-in applications. This applies to the iPhone XS as this device works on iOS 12. Removing the built-in applications from your iPhone will also delete all user data and associated configuration files. For example, it may affect assigned system functions or information on your Apple device.
Delete Apps Integrated in iOS 12 Devices
- On the home screen, touch and hold the app icon until it vibrates.
- Tap the app you want to delete or delete.
- Then press “DELETE” when prompted to confirm.
- When you’re done deleting apps, tap the Home button to keep the apps from shaking.
- Deleting an app from your iPhone will also remove that app from your Apple Watch.
Delete Apps using iPhone X settings
If for any reason the previous method does not work or does not work, you can uninstall the application from the Settings menu on your iPhone. This is how it is done:
- Tap to open the Settings app on the Home screen.
- Kindly tap the General button.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Select the application you want to delete.
- Tap the Download app or Remove app option.
If you choose to offload the application, the selected application is deleted, but the data and files of this application are retained. You can choose to restore your data if you reinstall the app on your iPhone. If you select Delete application, the selected application and its data will be completely deleted.
Delete Apps on iPhone X via iTunes
Another way to uninstall or remove apps from your iPhone X is to use Apple’s own iOS management system called iTunes. To use iTunes, you must download the application and install it on a compatible computer (Windows or Mac). After installing the app, follow these steps to remove apps from your iPhone via iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone X to your computer using a recommended USB or Lightning cable.
- Once connected, open iTunes on your computer.
- You need to choose your device when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Settings section on the left side of the iTunes screen, click Applications. On the right side of the iTunes screen, a list of apps with home screens next to them is displayed.
- Double-click on a home screen where you can select the application you want to remove.
- Then click on the application to remove it. A delete sign (X) appears in the top left corner of the application icon.
- Press the Delete or X character to confirm that you want to delete the application. The app is quickly removed.
When you are done uninstalling apps, click the Apply button at the bottom of the iTunes screen.
Deleting apps from iTunes is usually required when there are issues with apps on the iPhone that have been blocked or become unresponsive.
Also Read: Best Free Online Games
Recover Deleted Integrated Apps on iPhone X
When you later change your mind to re-use the app on your iPhone, you can restore it by doing the following:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone XS.
- On the main screen of the App Store, find the name of the app you want to restore.
- Make sure you have entered the exact same name for the application.
- Find and select the correct name of the built-in application that you want to restore.
- Then tap the cloud icon or the Get button to restore the app.
- Wait for the application to fully recover. Once this is done, you should be able to open the app on your home screen.