This problem usually occurs because of a corrupt installation or files when the computer shuts down. It’s easy to fix this, I will show you two recommended easy methods to fix it.
Uninstall And Reinstall Discord
- Close the Discord application in the system tray and in Task Manager.
- Now open the Control Panel and under Programs select the Uninstall a program option, select Discord and uninstall there.
- Use the first method to remove all temporary Discord files from “AppData” and “LocalAppData”.
- After uninstalling, go to this website and download and install the Discord app.
RELATED POST: How To Fix Netflix Error Codes
2. Exclude Discord from Windows Security
- Open Windows Security in Settings and select Virus and Threat Protection.
- In the Virus and threat protection settings, select the manage settings.
- Under Exclusions, click Add or Remove Exclusions, and then click Add Exclusion. Then select the process and locate the Discord.exe file.
- Once you have added Discord to the exclusion list, Windows will no longer consider it a threat and Discord will now work without any problems.