Creating a Gmail account is not as difficult as many thought. This tutorial will teach you how to create a Gmail account with your chosen available username also you will learn how to sign in and out of your account with ease.
How to Create a Gmail Account
To create a Gmail account, you will need to have access to the internet and also any devices that access the internet is required. You will be required to fill in some personal details such as your name, Date of Birth and possibly your phone number. Don’t be sceptical, Google does save your information on a very secure server.
- Go to www.gmail.com.
- Click The Create an account.
- The sign-up form will come up. Follow the instruction by entering the required information requested.
- Enter your phone number to verify your account as Google uses a two-step verification process for security purpose.
- You will receive a text verification message from Google with a verification code. Enter the code to complete the account verification process. NOTE: Some instances will require you to request a call for the verification.
- You will receive a form requiring you to enter your personal information, such as your name, Birthday and Gender.
- Your account will be created instantly.
Your account has finally been created, the next steps are signing in and out of your account at will, you can send and receive electronic mail from any email account in good standing.
Signing into your account
After creating a new account, you will automatically be signed in to your account. There may be instances you will need to sign in and out of your account from another device or browser. It should be noted that it’s essential to sign out of your account or device when using a shared PC or device.
To sign in:
- Visit www.gmail.com.
- Type in your username (your email address) and password, then click Next.
- You will automatically be signed in
To sign out:
In the right top corner of your Gmail account, click on the circle that has your initials in Bold. Click on it and toggle to the sign out button.